Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,

Larry Brooks
Healthy Homes Department
Including the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program

e-subcribe logo
rss feed logo
Facebook logo
YouTube logo
Language Assistance
Language Assistance in:

*Free Adobe Reader is required.

Property Owner Services

The following free services are available to owners of pre-1978 residential property in the cities of Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, and Oakland:

Lead Safety Phone Consultations

If you own a residential property built before 1978 in Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville or Oakland, you are eligible for a free phone consultation to help you identify and reduce lead hazards in your home. If you are a tenant, let your landlord know that this service is available to them at no cost to them. Call the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program's Lead Safety Information Line at 510-567-8280 to find out more.

Back to Top

Financial Assistance

Financial assistance for lead hazard repair work
The Alameda County Healthy Homes Department offers lead hazard repair grants and technical assistance for lead hazard repair work for pre-1978 owner occupied and rental properties with low-income families. For more information, go to Lead Hazard Repair Funds or call 510-567-8280.

Back to Top

"Protect Your Family From Lead In Your Home" Pamphlets

Federal law requires that owners of residential properties built before 1978 disclose all known lead hazards to their tenants and to all potential buyers, and to provide tenants and potential buyers with the EPA/HUD pamphlet titled "Protect Your Family From Lead In Your Home" (PDF - 664kb). You can find this pamphlet in other languages on our Educational Materials page.

A reproducible copy of the pamphlet can also be downloaded from

Back to Top

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2021 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility